Children born with cleft palate often have hearing problems due to ear infections. Cleft hospital provides Audiometery and Tympanometery services which helps to diagnose and treat hearing defects.
Hearing is critical for development of speech, language, communication skills and learning. This was confirmed by comparison that early detection and intervention of hearing impaired child’s have better speech and language development than children whose hearing impairment was diagnosed later.
Cleft Hospital has the honor to be the pioneer in starting newborn hearing screening program in Pakistan with the help of Midland International trust,Punjab Welfare Trust for Disabled.
2 years old baby girl Abiha's first response to sound after fitting of Hearing Aid
Test and Facilities available in Audiology department
- New born screening( BERA Test)
- Tympanometry ( Acoustic admittance measurements)
- Pure tone Audiometry
- Speech Audiometry
- Evoked response audiometry Hearing aid and evaluation
- Independent,unbiased advice
- Widest range of instrument
- Real ear measurement facilities
- Pre-employment screening
- Tinnitus therapy
- Aural Rehabilitation
- Extensive after care services
- School screening services