Children born with Cleft lip and palate suffer from very complex orthodontic issues. The bones become harder with age and are difficult to adjust. Furthermore teeth deform/decay creating numerous problems in future.Cleft hospital provides world-class dentistry services to cleft babies before, during and after surgical treatment.
Dental Team Participation in Cleft Hospital
- Diet counselling especially intake of sugary diet.
- Pre Surgical Prolabium Moulding in Bilateral Cleft Lip and Palate.
- Flouride application in the case if teeth are malformed.
- Check on Preventive measures for a satisfactory dention.
- Palatal expander for expansion of the upper jaw to make more space for bone graft and better relation with lower jaw.
- Alveolar bone grafting and post care follow up.
- Orthodontics (Orthopaedic ; Conventional)
- Restorative dental procedures with maintaining healthy periodontium.
- Fixed & Removable Prosthesis to complete occlusal bite.
- Orthognathic surgery in near future.
All dental treatment modalities are available in our dental clinic, not only for cleft patients but it is also for general public. It is the state of the art clinic where treatment from simple extraction to bone formation as well as dental implant are taking place.
Dental Treatments available in Cleft Hospital
- Orthodontic Treatment
- Bone Replacement
- Fillings ( silver, glass ionomer , composite)
- Extractions (normal , surgical extraction)
- Scaling + polishing
- Replacement of Teeth ( dental implants, bridge/ crown ,cast partial denture)
- Dental X-ray
- Expander Functional Appliance
- Aesthetic Crown